In no particular order:
- Why people believe conspiracy theories (via Rebekka K. Steg).
- If nothing turns around, British Columbia perverse “tradition” of putting women in charge of political parties in ruins will continue. It seems pretty obvious that what happened to Johnston, Campbell, MacPhail, and James is also happening to Clark.
- It’s a bit of shame, as I still lean against supporting Dix.
- Since I’ve basically run out of X Random Stuff names, I’ve decided to rename these sorts of posts Link farm – X. I hope you don’t mind.
- Mission accomplished, haters. You just drove Jen McCreight away. All of you haters/bullies/misogynists: Fuck you.
- There is a complicated legal situation regarding inheritance of digital property (via). What I think should be done is that these should be treated as just as willable as any other sort of intangible asset (copyrights, patents, etc). However, I’m sure that big business will probably resist such a move, because they want to be able to keep selling you the same thing over and over again.
- A post from Libby Anne on the virtual merger(in the United States) of Evangelical Christianity and the Republican Party.
- Recall Andrew Sullivan’s thesis that this is causing an increase in atheism in the United States.
- Debunking anti–choice junk science.
- Are you really being oppressed, or just mad you can’t oppress others? (via)
- The religious
rightwrong would inevitably say that being unable to oppress others (especially women and gays) is oppressing them. Talk about theocratic Orwellianism.
- The religious
- This is a cult, and a really creepy misogynistic one at that (via).