In no particular order:
- Leon Panetta, the American Secretary of Defense, has signed a certification to formally end Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (via).
- And bigots, the sky hasn’t fallen.
- More proof that correlation does not equal causation, or why emptying your spam folder is good for the economy (via).
- Someone Rick Perry respects is strongly urging him not to run for president.
- Too bad Michele Bachman, Herman Cain, and Rick Santorum didn’t get the message.
- There were terrorist attacks in Norway, and several people have been killed. My condolences.
- This is so sad. “Half of US Social Program Recipients Believe They ‘Have Not Used A Government Social Program’“. The ignorance, I can see it.
- Team Japan won the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Congratulations to them. A major morale booster after their devastating earthquake.
- As my own team did not play like CONCACAF champs, I’ll admit to cheering for the US.
- The game was also the most tweeted event in history.
- Update: Negative aspects of and problems with gender stereotypes.